Twisted Peach Tea Back Ribs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marinade
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 racks Smithfield® Back Ribs, cut in half
- 3 to 4 (12-oz.) cans Twisted Tea® Original Hard Iced Tea, divided
- 2 (18-oz.) jars peach preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Hot BBQ seasoning blend
- 1 handful peach or apple wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained (optional)
- Set aside 3/4 cup tea and 1 cup peach preserves.
- To make marinade, combine remaining peach preserves and 1 can tea in blender. Pulse to puree peach pieces. Stir in 1 1/2 cans of tea. Place ribs in 2-gallon food storage bag and pour marinade over them. Add remaining can of twisted tea, if needed, to cover ribs. Seal bag, place in pan and refrigerate overnight.
- To make BBQ sauce, combine reserved 3/4 cup tea and 1 cup peach preserves in saucepan. Boil over high heat for 3 minutes. Break larger pieces of peach apart with spoon while boiling. Remove from heat; stir in BBQ sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 275°. Add wood for smoking, if using. Remove ribs from marinade and season with hot BBQ seasoning blend.
- Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill/smoker; cook for 3 to 4 hours, until very tender. Brush with peach BBQ sauce and cook 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce is set. Serve with remaining sauce.