Tenderloin Bacon Bombs
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 24 appetizers or 8 entrées
- 2 Smithfield® Pork Tenderloins
- 12 slices Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon, divided
- Peppery Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, lightly cracked
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F. and indirect heat zone about 275°F. Combine all Peppery Pork Rub ingredients in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Cook 4 slices bacon until browned and crisp; drain and chop. Combine chopped bacon with cheese, red bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic; mix well and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into top of each tenderloin. Begin about 1/2-inch from one end and continue to 1/2-inch from other end, stopping about 1/2-inch from bottom.
- Layer 1/2 the spinach and cheese mixture into each tenderloin pocket. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Peppery Pork Rub on each tenderloin. Wrap the remaining 8 slices of bacon (4 per tenderloin) tightly around the tenderloins and secure with wooden picks.
- Place on indirect side of grill for 20 to 30 minutes until internal temperature reaches about 130°F.
- Move tenderloins to direct heat side of grill to finish cooking and crisp the bacon. As internal temperature is approaching 140°F., brush with BBQ sauce. Remove when internal temperature reaches 145°F. to 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- For appetizers, slice into 1-inch thick medallions and drizzle with more sauce. For entree, slice each tenderloin into 4 portions.