Spareribs with Mustard Sauce
Created By: Pitmaster Tuffy Stone
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Serves: 2
- 2 racks Smithfield® Pork Spareribs
- 1/2 cup apple juice in spray bottle
- Fennel Garlic Rub
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. freshly cracked fennel seeds
- Mustard Sauce
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- To make Fennel Garlic Rub, thoroughly mix all ingredients in small bowl. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- About 1 hour before smoking, season each rack with 1/2 cup Fennel Garlic Rub (1/4 cup per side). Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275°F. Add your favorite wood for smoking. Smoke ribs, meaty side up, for 1 hour. Spray ribs with apple juice. Continue smoking ribs for an additional 1 hour, spraying again with apple juice after 30 minutes and again before removing from smoker.
- Remove ribs from smoker and place each rack, meaty side down, on piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Wrap each rack tightly and place in smoker, meaty side down; cook for 2 to 2 ½ hours until tender.
- About 15 minutes before done cooking, make Mustard Sauce. Thoroughly combine all ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a simmer; keep warm.
- Remove ribs from foil, brush both sides of each rack with Mustard Sauce; place on smoker for 5 to 10 minutes to set the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve with remaining sauce on the side.