Pork Loin Purse
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Serves: 8 to 12
- 1 Smithfield® Boneless Pork Loin (2 to 3 lbs.)
- ½ small white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Basic Memphis Style" BBQ Rub or your favorite BBQ Seasoning "
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- ½ cup (2 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms in oil over medium heat until onions are just tender.
- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F. Rinse pork loin and pat dry.
- Using a sharp knife slice a pocket into the top of the pork loin. Begin about ¾-inch from one end and continuing to ¾-inch from other end, and about 3/4 of the way down into the loin. Season inside and outside of pork loin with BBQ rub.
- Combine cooked onion, mushrooms and garlic with pear, tarragon, salt, and pepper in bowl; toss to mix.
- Line the pork loin pocket with spinach, then fill with onion-pear mixture. Grill or smoke for 1 hour and 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over the stuffing and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until internal temperature of meat reaches 145°F. to 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 1-inch thick slices to serve.