Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops Korean BBQ Sauce
Created By: Pitmaster Ernest Servantes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour marinade time
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 to 8 (4-oz.) Smithfield® Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Honey Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white or rice wine vinegar
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® sriracha sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and place in a large resealable food storage bag. Whisk together honey teriyaki marinade, oil, soy sauce and vinegar; mix well. Pour over pork chops; seal the bag and let stand 1 hour.
- For Korean BBQ Sauce, heat oil in small saucepan on medium; fry garlic until it begins to turn color. Stir in water, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, brown sugar, ginger and BBQ sauce. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until it becomes thick.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium. Remove pork chops from marinade (discard marinade) grill for 3 minutes or until the pork chop easily releases from the grill. Flip chops and continue to cook for 3 more minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F to 160°F.
- Baste each pork chop with Korean BBQ Sauce, grill 1 minute on each side. Let chops stand 3 minutes before serving.