Grilled Stuffed Pork Loin Filet
Created By: Pitmaster Tuffy Stone
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6 to 10
- 1 Smithfield® Pork Loin Filet (about 2 lbs.)
- ¼ cup diced Smithfield® Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Kale Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup julienned yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced kale
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon toasted caraway seeds, crushed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Caraway Rub
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground caraway
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- Pork Loin Filet
- ½ cup apple juice, in a spray bottle
- For Kale Stuffing, heat oil in large, heavy bottomed pot over medium-low. Add bacon; cook and stir until browned. Reduce heat to low; add onion and garlic. Sauté until garlic is light golden and onions have sweated. Stir in kale, salt, black pepper, red pepper and caraway seeds; mix well. Add cider vinegar; cover pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until kale is tender. Remove lid and continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. Place mixture on plate or platter to cool before using.
- For Caraway Rub, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for 2-zone cooking; direct heat zone about 400°F and indirect heat zone about 275°F.
- For Pork Loin Filet, using a sharp knife, cut the loin down the middle lengthwise without cutting through. Open loin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Working from the center to edges, lightly pound loin with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin to a rectangle with an even thickness throughout, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Season both sides of butterflied pork loin with 3 tablespoons Caraway Rub. Spoon Kale Stuffing evenly over loin. Roll loin, jelly roll style, starting from the longest side. Tie loin closed with water-soaked butcher twine. Season outside of stuffed loin with remaining Caraway Rub.
- Place stuffed loin filet over direct heat zone for 12 minutes, spraying with apple juice and rolling 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. Move browned stuffed loin filet to indirect heat zone and cook for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F. to 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.