Grilled Pork & Veggies with Lemon
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 Smithfield® Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet, cut into 8 thick slices
- 2 zucchini squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise and flattened with palm of hand
- 1 large red onion, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 2 lemons, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of all vegetables and cut sides of lemons with oil.
- Grill vegetables for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Add lemons to grill, cut side down, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Place vegetables and lemons aside on cutting board.
- Grill pork slices about 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the vegetables; salt and pepper to taste. Serve half the vegetables with 4 pork slices on top; squeeze grilled lemons over meat. Reserve remaining vegetables and 4 slices of pork for the "Pork Penne Pasta Salad" recipe.