Fennel Garlic Pork Shoulder with Worcestershire Mop
Created By: Pitmaster Tuffy Stone
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 8 hours stand time
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Serves: 10 to 20
- 1 Smithfield® Bone-In Pork Shoulder (8 to 10 lbs.)
- Fennel Garlic Rub
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked fennel seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Worcestershire Mop
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- For Fennel Garlic Rub, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Season pork shoulder evenly with rub; refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 300°F. For Worcestershire Mop, combine all ingredients in bowl; mix well.
- Cook shoulder for 1 hour, baste with Worcestershire Mop. Continue cooking for 5 hours, mopping every 30 minutes.
- Remove shoulder and wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil. Return to grill/smoker and continue cooking for 2 hours until internal temperature reaches 195°F. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes, use tongs or hands to pull pork for serving.