Cowtown Loin Back Ribs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 90+ minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 racks Smithfield® Prime All Natural Pork Back Ribs, membrane removed
- 1/2 cup Cowtown the Squeal Rub*
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup apple juice in a spray bottle
- 1 (18-oz.) bottle Cowtown BBQ Sauce*
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco® Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine Squeal Rub and 1/2 cup brown sugar; season both sides of ribs with the rub. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to let the rub melt onto the ribs.
- Heat grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250°F. Add drained wood chips, if using. Place ribs, meaty side up, over a drip pan and cook for 3 hours, spraying with apple juice every 1 ½ hours. Add wood chunks or charcoal to fire as needed to maintain 250°F. to 275°F.
- Combine BBQ sauce and hot sauce in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until warm.
- Remove ribs from grill/smoker; brush lightly with heated sauce on both sides. Drizzle both sides of ribs with honey and sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Wrap each rack tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill/smoker and cook for 1 1/2 hours more over indirect heat.
- Remove ribs from foil and place back on the grill/smoker for 20 minutes. Brush with sauce during last 10 minutes. Let ribs stand 10 minutes before slicing to serve.