Citrus Tailgating Ribs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight marinade
- Cook Time: 3.5 hours
- Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 racks Smithfield® St. Louis Style Pork Spareribs, cut in half
- 4 (12-oz.) cans Twisted Tea® Half & Half Hard Iced Tea
- 1 large orange, divided
- 1 large lemon, divided
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- 1 handful apple or hickory wood chips for smoking, soaked in water and drained (optional)
- Zest orange and lemon, then cut each into 6 slices.
- Place ribs in 2-gallon food storage bag with orange and lemon zest, and tea. Add water if needed to cover ribs. Seal bag, place in pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 275°. Add wood for smoking, if using. Remove ribs from marinade and season with lemon pepper and paprika. Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill/smoker; cook for 2 hours.
- Place 4 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter (each about 4 inches longer than ribs). Place ribs, meaty side up, on foil. Top each rib rack with slices of lemon and orange; drizzle generously with honey.
- Seal foil around ribs and return to grill/smoker, meaty side up. Cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours until ribs are tender.